Saturday, October 19, 2013

fallin' behind

Regular blogging for a full-time worker just isn't a possible thing. When I get home from work, the last place I want to be is in front of a computer. Not to mention The Fox and I are on the go most every weekend. But, I figure, a few posts here and there is better than nuttin'! So, here it goes.

Since my last post, The Fox and I have made two trips to the mountains. It's so beautiful up there and it was my vacation spot of choice for my birthday weekend celebration.

The weekend's events went like this. We drove up Friday and enjoyed dinner at Cyprus in Highlands. Such an awesome place. Each week of the month, they feature a different ingredient. This week, they just happened to be featuring heirloom tomatoes (which just happens to be up The Fox's alley). They had a gorgeous spread of tomatoes right as you walked in and it made us excited to see what they were featuring.


We requested a table at the bar, and boy was it cool. We were able to carry on conversations with the chef and watch them cook our meal (along with everyone else's).


Dinner selfie!


The atmosphere was modern and the food was fantastic. If you've not ever had chocolate tomatoes before, you're missing out. The chef paired them with a pablano pepper and a dash salt and pepper as a topping for oysters on the half shell. Delish!


I had the mussels (seen above) and Ben had a lamb dish. Both were incredible. But the real deal was in the dessert. Basil/mint ice cream and a cayenne pepper chocolate lava cake...WHAT!!!


They were delicious and beautiful. You can't beat a combo like that!

The rest of the weekend was a bunch of R&R and hiking. We found beautiful views off of Glen Falls and even had ourselves a little picnic.








The whole weekend was a great time. So much in fact, we went back 3 weeks later with my parents!!

The following pictures were taken... I cannot confirm or deny that fun was had by all...








The mountains might be my all time favorite place. It brings out the best in my whole family...and that's something you just can't buy.

Happy Fall, everyone! Until my next (super far away) post!

No comments:

Post a Comment