Saturday, September 8, 2012

change. and not the kind in my pocket.

If any of you have been following my Pinterest account lately, you'll see that I'm in "cabin decor pinning mode."

"Why's that?" you ask? Well, it looks like my parents are taking the leap and migrating north. North Carolina that is. Things are 100% final so my fingers are crossed that the upcoming closing goes on without a hitch. If it does, the Thomas family has A LOT and I mean A LOT of work ahead of them. All this fancy pinning I've been doing is the dreaming portion of this process. I probably should have named that board "cabin of our dreams" because there is a lot of hauling, hammering, nailing, tearing down, building up, cleaning out and stabilizing to be done before those inspirations turn into a reality. 

And if all the anticipated labor isn't enough, the rents have to start preparing for a downsize. And for anyone who has ever moved, whether you go to a bigger or a smaller space, purging is the ONLY activity that will keep you sane. So, to help them, we had to make space in her shop.

For a few years now, my mom and I had discussed opening a booth space in an antique mall in Columbia as a way for her to move merchandise at her shop (www.thiswholehouse.net in case you haven't visited), but I was never really on board with the idea. After some thinking and honestly deciding I needed to find alternative ways to make some cash, I figured, why the heck not? It seems silly to NOT have a booth up here. It would give me something fun to do and allow me to make some extra moohla! So, about a month ago, I armed myself with The Fox's Tahoe and headed south to the 'ville. I loaded up the beast and lugged it back to Gamecock country. 

I'm happy to say the booth is finally up and running at 763 Meeting Street in West Columbia and I've already had some sales! I'm looking forward to keeping this up and helping the rents weed out for her upcoming move!


Go check it out if you close. You never know what you might find!

Speaking of Gamecock country. Unless you've been living under a rock, the first Carolina game was today at Williams Brice against East Carolina and as of now, we're winning. "Ebonn. How are you blogging in the middle of the game?" you might ask. Well, I'm not at the game. I know, I know. Shame on me, but to be honest, the idea of air conditioning and watching the game on TV is much more appealing to me than sweating in a bowl of no air and pumping my stomach worth of fatty tailgating food and bloating beer. I know, I know, I must be un-American, but really, it's just not my thing. But I do have it on, so don't beat me up too much. 

Actually, this day at home has allowed me to do a few things I've been wanting to do. But I won't share them just yet. 

Hope everyone is enjoying the game, if you decided to go, or at the very least enjoying your day off. Happy Birthday to my niece, Jordan Rowe and happy Saturday to all. 

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment