Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I feel like the download bar is loading...slowly...on dial-up

It's been almost 2 months since I signed on the dotted line for my little foursquare home, and I'm inching, very slowly, towards the finish line of home settlement.

The bathroom leak threw us off course a bit, but despite it's unexpected arrival, we've been able turn a blind eye and focus on the rooms without holes in the ceiling/wall (said holes have since been patched and are waiting on a good sanding/painting by yours truly).

Like many decorators, I have this dream that my house will look like it's staged for a magazine at all hours of the day. However, like reasonable decorators, I am of a sane mind to understand that, that isn't a possibility. I guess I could walk around, driving myself crazy, worrying over every little thing not in its place or fretting over every dust bunny I find, but I want to LIVE in my house. I have no interest in tip toeing around like my house is holding me hostage. No mam.

I CAN'T be that way... have you seen the things I buy? Where I shop? Yard sales, thrift stores, the side of the road. I take no prisoners if there is some awesome something thrown high on top of a trash pile on the side of the road. I don't have room in my car? No worries, I'll find room. Where there is a will, there is a way...and sometimes you're just given things that you can't pass up...


What? I'm thinking Halloween. I hear it's big where I live...

I digress.

Although things aren't 100% where I want them to be, I can sit back and reflect on what I have accomplished and look forward to the things I have left to do. So, without further ado, I give you my (semi) finished rooms!

1. The Master Bedroom (which I believe everyone has seen & my favorite room so far)

Before:

After:

2. The Living Room 

Before:

After:









3. The Kitchen

Before:

After:



4. The "Library" (which isn't complete yet. we are waiting on the fox's furniture...)

Before: 

After:

5. The Water Closet

Before: 

After: 

And that's it! 

The rooms that aren't ready for their close up?
  • Office
  • Dining Room
  • Guest Bedroom
  • Master Bath (also guest bath)
  • Library
  • Entry
Not sure when those will be completed, but I'm learning to be patient. In due time I suppose. It may be next year! Maybe I need to set a date for a housewarming party???

Happy Hump Day, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment