Sunday, October 7, 2012

a win for everyone

Wooohooo! If you haven't already heard, South Carolina beat Georgia's B-U-T-T last night. It's so wonderful to be the "liked" guys. For so long, USC has had just a run of bad luck and lord knows we've had our fair share of hiccups, but FINALLY, it looks like things are turning around. I still probably won't go to the games (it's just so much easier to watch on tv), but I'll continue to cheer for them for sure :).

While waiting for the highly anticipated game to begin, I began the beautiful day running a 5k for Palmetto Health's Walk For Life.


This is my 3rd year participating and it's wonderful. The weather is always awesome and it's a way for me to give back and support such a terrible disease, breast cancer. I didn't make my best time, but I felt like a winner none-the-less :).

Cluck, cluck...

To continue my productive day, I worked on a couple of crafts. Easy ones, but enough to keep me busy. The first one was a redo of a little drawer-thingy I found at a thrift store. Now if you like chickens, then this was your piece...


I mean, look at the detail! 


I know I could have sold it as it, but I saw more for this tragic case of farm decor... I did a little spray painting and wahla!



A much more modern country piece. I'm not sure what I'll use it for, but we'll see.

And the winner is....

Also in the makeover department - trophies! If you haven't see the new thing around town, then you're missing out. Painted trophies. Go ahead, pintrest it. It's a real thing and it's cuuuuuuute!

So, I did a few of my own! I found the baseball one at a thrift store and the cup one came from the Fox for winning a golf tournament. Both were small, but I wasn't looking for the holy grail of trophies for trial one. I grabbed some gold spray paint (actually I have like 6 cans of it as I bought it when it was on sale...shame) and went to town.


 The end result is nothing short of awesome! I created a fun little gold vignette to help show it off. Cute right? I paired it with a hat mold, some gold dogs and a picture of my grandparents.




What a fun way to give a new life to something that otherwise would have made it's way to the trash bin. Wouldn't it be fun to do them in a kid's room? Pink for girls, red for boys. FUN! FUN!

And that was my Saturday, folks. Another successful, didn't go to the game weekend. :)

Until next time. I hope everyone is enjoying this incredible weather and getting ready for Halloween! It's just around the corner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment