Saturday, August 11, 2012

'tis the season for babies

Is it just me or is EVERYONE either pregnant or having babies?

I guess it's just that stage of life in which having little ones is the next step; but for me? Not ready. I'm far too consumed with my own life to be concerned with taking care of another human. Hey, at least I'm honest. Quick, late night Target trips are much to precious :).

Maybe once marriage is checked off the list, babies will make their way into the agenda, but until then, I shall celebrate everyone else's wonderful life change!

Enter Leslie and Ken:


I met this awesome couple through a mutual friend. They were married last April and this August were blessed with TWINS! After celebrating their exciting news, I was super excited when they asked me to take their maternity pictures. I immediately said "yes!" and scheduled a shoot.

The backdrop was the beautiful Horseshoe at the University of South Carolina and it was a hot, hot day, but none-the-less, we were determined to get the best (and most fun) pics possible. And we did! Behold the shoot of Leslie, Ken and their two soon-to-be "nuggets."


We got some good ones and it was so fun to do! I can't wait to meet their little ones!

Moving on to my other dear friends, Chrissy & Joe. Chrissy was one of my college roommates and thankfully, we have remained friends throughout the years. She and Chris are also expecting TWINS (whew, what is with all these multiples??) and today I went to her baby shower. I'm always baffled by what to buy babies, more specifically these days, what to buy twins. And this case, 1 boy and 1 girl! The shopping task was getting more difficult by the minute. But fortunately, I was able to find doubles of 3 different things and decided to get a little crafty!

After purchasing the gifts, I wasn't feeling a bag or even a wrapped box, so I went a step further and decided on some storage baskets. I hit up my neighborhood Hobby Lobby and went to specializing!

I started with this:


I ended up with this:


A little stapled fabric and trimmings, and voila! Instant personalization. I think they are the perfect size for diapers too, so I hope they come in handy! Only 7 more weeks and there will be 1 more set of twins in my life!

Finally, tomorrow I'm doing a baby shoot for a close work friend of mine. This is her second and she asked if I could take a few shots. I gladly committed and tomorrow morning I'll be capturing little Leah's personality and features! I'm looking forward to it!

Stay tuned for results from that shoot! But for now, it's bedtime for me. Big day tomorrow! Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment